Fire at Yellowknife mini golf course deemed accidental
Yellowknife, N.W.T. - The Yellowknife Fire Department was busy Monday afternoon near the Ruth Inch Memorial Pool.
Firefighters were called out to the Wade Hamer Mini Golf Course during the noon hour and when they arrived, they found the storage shed ablaze.
Mayor Gordon Van Tighem said he's had a chance to speak with the fire department and they've already found the cause of the fire within the shed.
"An appliance in there that has probably been in there for a hundred years, or at least 10, and it appears to have been the cause of the blaze so it appears that it was an accidental blaze."
There were plans to spruce up the area for this season, but Van Tighem said those plans have changed.
"We were just working with the Rotary Club on a project to possibly clean it up and get it operating again, so it may have made that job easier."
The course was in need of significant repair, but Van Tighem said there are still discussions with potential operators of the course for this season and they will continue despite the fire.
CJCD Mix 100 News
Questionable Content? Click here to report it to the webmaster.
Popular Blog Articles